This course is designed to create a self-reflective learning experience that aims to help participants identify and understand the importance of a sustainable world by relating to the current ongoing crisis of COVID and how one can re imagine creating a better future post corona.
Total Course Hours: 9 hours #Number of Sessions:- 3 Day Online Course 23rd Januray, 30th January and 6th February
Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM Course Fee Rs: NRS 1,000/- Registration Certificates Available
Price: Nrs, 1000/-
Date of Course: 23rd Januray, 30th January and 6th February
Dead line to apply : 5:00 pm, 19th January
Number of Sessions: 3
Total Hours: 9
Timings: 3:00 PM-6:00 PM NST
Scholarship: Limited Need Based Scholarships Available For Deserving Students
Certificates available upon successful completion of the course.
• Understanding sustainability as the most pressing issue that humanity is facing and its importance
• Unsustainable Human behavior as the root cause of crises like COVID-19 and other crises
• Why do some groups of people suffer more compared to others during any crisis?
• Guidance in creating a better future: How you can play a role in it?
• Enhanced self-awareness to support a sustainable growth in personal and professional life
Shilshila Acharya is the CEO of HCI- a youth-driven Nepali non-profit organization committed to building a Climate Smart world. She pursued Masters in Environmental Science in Kathmandu and Norway.
Being a strong believer of Sustainable Development, Ms. Shilshila co-founded and run ‘Hamri Bahini- The Green Angels Social Enterprise’ in 2013 that has since created 1300+ respectable jobs for disadvantaged Nepali women. She led the ‘No Thanks I Carry My Own Bag’ campaign to change policy to get plastic bags banned in Nepal and is leading the ‘No Thanks Sustainability Movement’ that is promoting minimalistic lifestyle and circular economy among different stakeholders, particularly youth.
She believes in devoting her time and knowledge to convert her passion into concerted action to create impact. She has been recognized as a promising Young Social Entrepreneur by the Global Good Fund- a US based Leadership Development Enterprise. She was awarded the ‘Conservation Awards 2018’ by WWF Nepal for her work on fighting plastic pollution.
Sushil Khadka: Serial Entrepreneur
Mr. Sushil is trained as a Chemical Engineer (University of Maine) and an Economist (Vanderbilt University). But at heart, he is a serial entrepreneur with a particular interest in food. He has founded four successful food businesses in the last 6 years. Of these, he is most proud of Dhaulagiri Foods, which connects farmers in his hometown with markets in Kathmandu. He is interested in applying his skills as both a chemical engineer and entrepreneur and his deep ties to rural Nepal where he spent his childhood; to bring local as well as global perspectives into the sustainable discourse in Nepal and beyond.
Mr. Hardik holds degrees in Arts and Law from the prestigious NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. He played a crucial role in banning plastic bags in Kathmandu in 2015 and has a deep interest in environmental law and sustainable policymaking. He regularly contributes his articles on environmental law and constitutional law for The Kathmandu Post, Republica, Oxford Human Rights Hub, London School of Economics Human Rights Blog, The Wire, among others.
Experts from different sectors join the course as Guest Speakers
1. Do you provide any scholarships?
-Yes, we do have the provision of scholarships. Please kindly note that these scholarships are only available for students.
2.Isn’t the course fee very high? Shouldn’t these kinds of courses be delivered free
-Normally, our course charge ranges from 2000 to 3000 Nrs but we have purposefully decreased the amount to 1000 Nrs to enroll as much as youths in this course. Also we do strongly believe that courses like this should be made free but given the manpowers it takes, high class speakers and experts we have as our guest speakers and also HCI itself being an emerging organization,to make this course sustainable and available for the most needy participants as well, a minimum course fee has been allocated.
3.How should I pay the registration fee?
- You can choose to transfer the registration fee either through an Esewa Account or through online banking. Account name and bank details are listed below.
Esewa Account No: 9801819071
Bank Name: NIC ASIA Bank Ltd.
Account Name: Himalayan Climate Initiative
Account Number/IBAN: 6341050528352406
4. When is the last date for registration?
- It’s till the application deadline for each session.
5. I am unable to make the payment, can I send it from my friend’s or relatives account?
- Sure, you can but please make sure to inform us earlier or request your friend to take a screenshot of the payment and send it to us through our email or facebook messenger specifying for whom the course fee payment was made.
6. I want to make the payment for my friend as well, can I use the same account I have used for mine?
- Yes, you can pay for different persons from the same account. Please take screenshots after each payment and send it to us.
7. I have filled the registration form and also made the payment. But unfortunately I can’t make it to the course. What should I do?
-In such a situation we request you to inform us at HCI Facebook inbox or email@example.com as soon as possible. We will book your seat for the next course date and one doesn’t need to fill the form again.
8. Mistakenly I have sent more than the actual registration fee, what should I do?
- Don’t worry, please inform us through a phone call at 9801819071and we will return the extra amount received.
9. I don’t have a stable internet connection. How can I attend the 3 day online course for three hours?
-We suggest you to access mobile internet where various data packages are available by Ncell and NTC especially for students before starting the course.
10. How can I apply for an internship or any job vacancy in HCI?
HCI looks forward to welcoming as many energetic and passionate team players who understand, and want to do something about Sustainability Issues, in our team. To be eligible for any internship opportunities or job vacancy with HCI, it is mandatory to have attended the Understanding Sustainability course. All the past participants who have successfully completed the course are notified through emails for all future opportunities.
11. Which platform is used for the course?
- We are using the Zoom app for the 3 day online course. You can join by: